Thursday, February 1, 2018

Carolyn's Reverie in the South of France

 Carol, who is the champion ‘moo-er’ in Washington County Utah, has decided to go to the South of France, so she can listen to Charolais cattle.  Here she sits listening to the distant mooing sounds of those beautiful white cattle.

www.miriampaints.blogspot.com


Here is the real story: I met Carol at Swiss Days in Santa Clara, where I live. She was a volunteer at one of the events, and I stopped to take her picture. How could I resist? Over two years later, I started the painting which features Carol in her charming hat. In the meantime, I lost her contact information.   So, I contacted my neighbor who I knew was very involved in the city events. She didn't know Carolyn, but found someone who did. Long story short, I was able to get a phone number.

When I called Carolyn, she told me that she was switching to a cell phone, and hadn't gotten around to cancelling the land line (which is what was linked to the number I had). If she had cancelled the land line any sooner, I may not have found her.

So, now she has seen the portrait, and loves the shoes I gave her! Carolyn was wearing some white running shoes--much too boring for this scenery--and I gave her some that were inspired by the wonderful apparel of Gudrun Sjoden. In fact, the background for this painting was inspired by the the Summer 2017 catalogue of Gudrun's. I so admire the clothing in the catalogue, and the shoes, and the the designer herself. Such great fun!

The painting is done on smooth board in gallery-wrap format, purchased in Santa Fe at their wonderful art shop, Artisan, at 2601 Cerillos Road. Wonderful place!




No comments:

Post a Comment